Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Tara Lawrence
Votes |
Al Tax Sale Purchase

Tara Lawrence
Posted Aug 10 2018, 21:33

I recently purchased a property from the State of Al. I was issued a deed. This is a very odd situation and hope someone can help! When I pulled the information for the property there are no structures assessed, however there is a very old house on the property (in terrible shape). I called the tax assessors office and they agree there is a house that has never been a assessed on the property. To make matters more complicated there is a non- owner living in the house. The tax information reads  John Smith heirs of (name not real) as Mr. Smith has been dead since the 80's and taxes stopped being paid in 2011. So, my question is 1) how do I take possession of the property? 2) Am I stuck with the structure for 3 years even though it was not suppose to be there 3) what expenses can I recover if an heir redeems? I am willing to spend some money (what I can actually get back if redeemed) as I would like to end up with the land. The house is in such poor shape that I don't see how it has not been condemned. The property is just in horrible shape and I want to clean it up and use it for agricultural purposes.

Loading replies...