• Handyman
  • THUMB, MI
Votes |
Winterization issues with my first HUD

DAVID GAGE
  • Handyman
  • THUMB, MI
Posted Mar 4 2011, 21:24

Well we closed on our 4th foreclosure this week. This one being our first HUD. The others have all gone off without a hitch. We had our HVAC guy come out to fire up the heat and got some very bad news. The house has baseboard steam heat well there was several lines burst which is not a big deal but time consuming, then the pump was cracked. still just a bump in the road. Then we find out the boiler itself had burst. We also found the water meter to have burst. Another issue I have is I was charged $140 for a locksmith fee at closing to have the locks changed. I get there and only one key and it only works on one door. So now I'm getting Pissed and starting to wonder if these contractors really give a crap. The house has stickers and signatures everywhere from the inspectors and the contractor that winterized the house even left his business card on the counter............My question is would I have any recourse and whats the probability that I would ever see any restitution?.........boilers 20 yrs old so I don't feel so bad....just can't tolerate half a$$ work.

Loading replies...