Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes

Hud After Damage extension rules

Posted Apr 4 2019, 09:25

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can point me to any rules/regulations for my situation. I had an accepted hud bid as an owner occupant on 1/18/2019. I looked at the house first week of january. After bid acceptance went through the utility activation inspection appraisal process started and during that process I discovered that the house was not winterized properly and the pipes had split. HUD was notified and it took them 6 weeks to change the status to insured with escrow and offer me a credit. The credit offer happened on 03/09/2019. Based on the previous extensions due to there delays the most recent extension was until 3/23/2019 at that time. On march 12th they extended it to 04/07/2019. Now they may not give me any more time. Until 03/09/2019 everything was in limbo. I wasnt going to go through a whole 203k loan process wasting mortgage broker, realtor, contractor etc until i found out the credit amount and decide if i wanted to proceed. I am very close to an approval but that timeframe was just too tight. My question is when does the 45 Day clock legally start? Sorry for the rambling. Any advice would certainly help.

Loading replies...