Anybody know somebody that can help me with FIRPTA?

3 Replies

Hello everyone i am in a bit of trouble. I sold a property last year and it was subject to FIRPTA withholding as i made hefty chunk. I would like to recover that from the IRS and im looking for recommendations on a CPA or Tax Attorney that can help me with that. Thanks! 

@Erik Gardea Generally, you have to file a tax return and pay any taxes that are due. If they overwithheld, then you can get that amount back.

As you suggested in your original post, you need to hire a CPA or tax attorney to walk you through the process. I recommend you hire a local one, as there might be state tax issues as well.