Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Hughes
Votes |
Vacant property in Texas, want to purchase tax lein

Jessica Hughes
Posted Jul 10 2019, 18:37

So the other day I was driving around while my son was napping, and happened on a really jacked up vacant property, all boarded up and overgrown, in a fairly nice neighborhood in Collin County Texas. Lot is fantastic, gorgeous trees, a lot of potential. 

Looked into county records and theres about 23 grand in back taxes on it, about 8 years delinquent. Thinking about going to the county and seeing about purchasing it. Could sell the lot to a couple Chip n Joanna's for like 60 to 70 (this area is crawling with flippers).  If I rip the boards off and it's in better shape than expected, I could fix it up and rent it for 1450 or so in that area. 

Never done this before. I Googled the basics about maybe it's on an auction list and you buy the lein and evict and all that. 

If the property is vacant, what legal sort of loopholes do you have to go through to technically evict someone? What are some of the possible out of left field costs that might pop up that I should keep in mind?

I have a vague understanding of the basics and that's about it. I need like, a solid breakdown

Loading replies...