tax sale redemption after 30 days notice barment

2 Replies

i bought property at tax sale auction in Dekalb county Georgia, over 12 months ago, now i am doing barment,  i published ad news paper,  i sent 30 days notices 

to ex owners and all parties might have interest,  and the property now it empty / unoccupied.

my question is: if 30 days notice expired and no body redeemed, can i enter the property and start to fix / repair the property, and rent it??

or i must have to complete quiet title from court judge order to to enter the property for fix / repair and rent it??

thanks 

SIDE NOTE / NOT AN ANSWER:  Any tax title property I own with a building structure on it and is apparently vacant, has at least one 8MP TASCO Game camera pointed at the house starting from the day I purchased tax title.  I use the recorded photographs to see if anyone is using the structure and as a way to notify them of their property tax obligations.  Modern surveillance technology has saved me on numerous occasions!

Walmart is selling these TASCO cameras for $28 in Sports and outdoors.

Here is a photo taken two years ago of a break in that triggered a connection with the owner of the property and due process notification of their unpaid tax liens.

Break In

Originally posted by @Samy Habib :

i bought property at tax sale auction in Dekalb county Georgia, over 12 months ago, now i am doing barment,  i published ad news paper,  i sent 30 days notices 

to ex owners and all parties might have interest,  and the property now it empty / unoccupied.

my question is: if 30 days notice expired and no body redeemed, can i enter the property and start to fix / repair the property, and rent it??

or i must have to complete quiet title from court judge order to to enter the property for fix / repair and rent it??

thanks 

The short answer is yes.  Once you you complete the barment, the property is yours.  I have done this in GA.

The long answer is still yes, but  make sure you dot all I's and cross all T's to the the barment and before entering make sure the house is not occupied.  (It does not have to be empty of personal property).  If you have any doubt about it being occupied or not you could put a notice at the door and say that its your property and that you will enter on a given date.You probably should provide a phone number so people may  call you. 

The times I did enter into a house after barment, I did know about the history of the house and I was positive that I would occupy the house without a confrontation which made it easier. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here