VA LOAN AND DIVORCE

6 Replies

Hi, first time here.. 

my question is... i financed my home with my wife using a va loan. I feel like we might not stay together. So if i refinance my home and then get a divorce and she keeps the home will i still be able to use the va loan again?

What could i do to be able to let her keep the house and allow me to use the va loan for myself?

Originally posted by @Frank D Bernaldo :

Hi, first time here.. 

my question is... i financed my home with my wife using a va loan. I feel like we might not stay together. So if i refinance my home and then get a divorce and she keeps the home will i still be able to use the va loan again?

What could i do to be able to let her keep the house and allow me to use the va loan for myself?

If you refinance you are on the loan and can't be taken off until the house is sold. Lots cheaper in the long run to just work things out.

You can have more than one VA loan but criteria have to be met. Meet with a lender that handles the VA loans and they should know the rules on this. (Has to do with total loan amounts and locations)

Originally posted by @Frank D Bernaldo :

Hi, first time here.. 

Hi Frank,

My recommendation would be let go of it and rebuild your fortune after the divorce. VA will qualify you every year (as long you live in one rent out the other) and it's not worthy to keep fighting over the house. Let her have it then move on using your next VA loan to buy a duplex or triplex.