HUD Home: Property now not for sale.

7 Replies

Hi there! I've put a bid in on a HUD home in MT and the open date is today. I went to look for the home but it states "property is not for sale". I haven't received any emails and it does not say anything about the status of the bid. Does this mean they're in the process of opening the bids or have declined bids?

@Bruce Lynn

With HUD, the property will still show active during any review period

I am assuming this was the original bid opening. Other explanations could be a price reduction on down the line or damage to the property. However, most likely another bid was accepted. The winning bid should appear in the bid results in a week or so

I offered on a HUD house a few weeks back... crickets. Just for fun I was back on their site and the house is back open to all bidders. I had my offer as a back up (or whatever HUD calls it) but never heard a peep. Do they message the realtor, or is it some portal in their site that messages are sent to?

@Brian Pulaski

More than likely the bidder who won failed to turn in the contract. Occasionally they will go to the backup bidder is their number is acceptable or just put it back on the market 

There is no portal or any notification from HUD if your bid is not accepted and another bid is

Originally posted by @Greg H. :

@Brian Pulaski

More than likely the bidder who won failed to turn in the contract. Occasionally they will go to the backup bidder is their number is acceptable or just put it back on the market 

There is no portal or any notification from HUD if your bid is not accepted and another bid is

That was my thinking as well. Never had a HUD house that I didn't win come back on.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here