Votes
Jared Hettler
  • Bloomsburg, PA
Votes |
Questions on tax delinquent properties

Jared Hettler
  • Bloomsburg, PA
Posted Jul 13 2020, 11:35

My fiancé and I are new to the BP community and have been preparing ourselves to enter real estate for a while now. We contacted Montgomery County (an area near Philadelphia,) in PA about their tax delinquent properties, because we found a property we were very interested in purchasing. They were pretty clueless and didn't help us at all with our questions, so we were hoping we could get some help here. We just wanted to know what the tax claim bureau is like in your areas, because we found some properties for prices that seem too good to be true for the condition the property is in. The county did tell us that it is a free and clear sale so we would not be responsible for any liens. The lady we called actually told us that tax claim purchases are not high on their priority list because "they know that the properties generally sell for a fraction of their value." Is this a good method to get a property to flip if it is in decent condition generally speaking? I am open to any kind of advice from any area, especially if anybody is familiar with the Montgomery area in PA. 

Thanks for any responses in advance and we're excited to hear back from the community!

Loading replies...