• Hayward, CA
Votes |
Tax deed auction in CA

Derrick Lind
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hayward, CA
Posted Jan 22 2021, 07:11

I’m in CA and looking at buying at my first tax auction. It’s coming up next month. I have my list and am trimming it down and gathering info as I do that.

I think my next step is to check some of these properties for liens and such. I’m not too concerned about IRS liens as they seem to handle themselves out in a few months. Yes there is risk on the Reno costs. I’m trying to balance the costs of doing prelim title with the risk of not. ProtitleUSA can do some title work for about $80 or is each. If I did 10ea that’s about $800. Not too bad but I won’t even know if they will go to sale.

I can do some work myself but am new to this whole thing so could over look something. Seems like relative to the potential upside the lien risks seem generally small. But I don’t know.

I’ve heard people getting title companies to do free ones for them. I need to try this. If I get one then I’ll need to have my title cleaned after with a quiet title process anyway. So maybe there is something on the other side for them if I win one.

Any tips on getting cheap bulk liens searches would be helpful. Or any other advice.

Loading replies...