Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Barnhart
  • Durant, OK
Votes |
Is it unethical to realtor if buyer contacts the seller directly?

Jacob Barnhart
  • Durant, OK
Posted Dec 10 2017, 04:42

A few months ago I was given pre-approval to be a home "much more expensive than the one I was looking at" according to the lender.

So I made an offer on a house and did all the inspections and was close to closing when he let me know he didn't realize both me and the cosigner were self-employed (which we stated months prior). I was taken out of contract on the financing contingency. The home has now been on the market with a realtor for 535 days in addition to being on the market as FSBO since at least 2013, maybe longer.

I just noticed the home owner made a post on Facebook sharing the home listing in one of the "garage sale" groups I follow. So I now know who the owner is and have a way to contact them directly through facebook. Would this be disrespectful to my realtor or the listing agent? I would be contacting them to discuss the possibility of owner financing or any other options they would be willing to negotiate on. As I'm sure you know I could do this through realtors, but it's just much easier to talk to the sellers directly and get my point off more clearly.

Loading replies...