Any one in EXP know of a brokerage in Boston? Would love to hear more about EXP

User Stats

Votes
Charlie MacPherson
  • China, ME
Votes |
  • China, ME
Replied Jan 5 2022, 04:17

@Nick W. I was with EXP in Maine before I left the industry a little over a year ago.  Over my time in real estate, I was with Weichert, C21, KW and EXP. 

That Weichert office in Scituate, MA has since closed.  The Broker was awful.

The C21 office in Quincy is managed by a broker who while very smart and very nice, is on the state and national speaking/teaching circuit.  If you didn't want or need guidance, it was an OK place to be.

The KW office in S. Portland, Maine is, from a management standpoint, a train wreck.  Once I signed on, I was assigned a "mentor", who was a wet-behind-the-ears 20 something kid who didn't even have have his RE license.  No contact, no support (which I needed having just moved to Maine and trying to write my first offer on my own house with new forms, procedured and terminology).  When I sent my notice of resignation, it was never even acknowledged. 

EXP was by far the best, but most of that was driven by the managing broker at EXP.

KW has the tools you need and I'm quite sure that other KW offices are far better than S. Portland.  EXP also has some fantastic tools and if I were to go back to selling real estate, it would clearly be with EXP.

There are a bunch of brokerages who have signed on as "XYZ Real Estate, Powered by EXP".  Interview a few and see where you fit.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

User Stats

Votes
Nick W.
  • Contractor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jan 5 2022, 04:26

@Charlie MacPherson thanks for reply. I was thinking of KW but had heard of similar things. I am part of Coldwell Banker now but would rather not pay all the dues and affiliations that come with it as I am part time and looking to grow with something that is more cloud based. 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Lien Vuong
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jan 5 2022, 15:12

My experience of EXP is from an outsider where the agents are more encouraged to recruit and add to their team on their MLM strategy rather than grow their RE business. If you're looking for a full support of a brokerage, something like a KW or Berkshire Hathaway would be a better fit for you. 

The Elle Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Marian Huish
  • Real Estate Broker
  • DC MD, VA & NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • DC MD, VA & NV
Replied Jan 6 2022, 03:48

@Nick W.I would recommend you do take some time to learn more about the eXp Realty business model as clearly, those who are offering opinions as ''outsiders' (@Lien Vuong), clearly aren't knowledgeable about eXp,  With over 71,000 agents selling over $2.7B in real estate in 17 countries, eXp clearly is 'focused' on selling real estate!  And, while it's true that eXp rewards agents for bringing agents into the company (much like a broker is paid from the sales of their agents), only 5% of our agents focus on 'recruiting.  Of those, many are bringing in 6 figures in passive income a month so I can't honestly say that I would continue shlepping buyers around when I'm bringing in that kind of passive income!  And, it's unfortunate that @Charlie MacPherson left eXp before vesting and cashing in on his stock awards had he stayed with the brokerage.  eXp can be challenging for those that need an office environment or new agents who need hand=holding but for experienced, entrepreneurial-minded agents, it's the absolute best place you could be.  Neither KW or Berkshire Hathaway offer low monthly fees, stock awards and optional passive income opportunities to the level that eXp offers but, hey, I may be biased.  ; D.  I'm not in your local market but would be happy to provide further info if needed.  Perhaps you should also interview with a local brokerage like Lien's to see if that might be a good fit for you.  Best of luck in making your decision!

• Real Estate Agent DC (#AB98363971), MD (#580520), VA (#0225072524), and Nevada (#BS.01458761.MGR)

eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tom Wagner
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis
Replied Jan 24 2022, 12:33

Bumping this thread hoping for more insight. Whoever runs an investor-friendly or investor-focussed brokerage for EXP in the Boston area please post here or DM me.

Really interested in EXP but struggling to connect with or find the right broker/team.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Kelly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jan 24 2022, 14:25

@Tom Wagner I'm in the process of switching over to EXP and building an investor-friendly team in the Boston area. I'll DM you with additional details.