• Bethlehem, PA
Votes |
Agent & Property Manager Recommendations - Toledo, Ohio

Jon Kelly
  • Investor
  • Bethlehem, PA
Posted Feb 14 2022, 06:41

Hello BP,

Can someone please recommend an agent and/or property management company that services in and near Toledo, Ohio? 

I have a family member that grew up in the area and is interested in purchasing investment properties.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Goldsmith
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 14 2022, 07:06

I would probably reach out to one of the guys over at La Plante. They handle a lot of investments in Toledo @Jon Kelly

User Stats

Votes
Mike Mocek
  • Property Manager / Licensed Realtor
  • Toledo/Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Property Manager / Licensed Realtor
  • Toledo/Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 14 2022, 09:34

Hello @Jon Kelly I will send you a message!  Thanks @Brandon Goldsmith for the shout out!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael P.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooke Park Drive
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooke Park Drive
Replied Feb 14 2022, 18:04
Quote from @Jon Kelly:

Hello BP,

Can someone please recommend an agent and/or property management company that services in and near Toledo, Ohio? 

I have a family member that grew up in the area and is interested in purchasing investment properties.

Try toledoarearentals.com or LaPlanteRealEstate.com 

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Sep 30 2022, 15:12

I would stay far far far away from doing business with La plante real estate. Their business practices are highly questionable. They sold me a property from their list that was so bad that my home owner insurance company would not even cover it for "unusual hazardous conditions" They will over charge you for everything . They will nickel and dime you for every last penny. I had them do renovations and they could not even provide a itemized list of materials and labor cost. Also they charged me for " like new appliances " but when I flew down there to check out the quality of their work, I was highly disappointed. There were many things that were not complete, for example they did not refinish the walls before repainting them throughout the house,  but I was told they would be by the project manager who was overseeing my project, and oddly enough after I get there I was informed that he is no longer with the company. Worst of all the fridge and stove both looked like older 1970 models that were found and picked up from a alley cleaned up and painted, I'm not kidding the stove had a material that felt rough like some kind of bondo that was used to cover some dents and they didnt even bother sanding it down and then painted over with white paint. And they charged me for like new appliances! There are many many other issues that my self and my other colleagues who also invested in this market experienced with this company such as the lead inspections that they are overcharging for, I can literally go on and on but hopefully this review can save others from becoming victims of this company's shady practices.