• Real Estate Agent
  • USA
Votes |
Searching for a Broker

Andy S McConnell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • USA
Posted May 19 2022, 06:12

Before you say EXP or REAL, they require you to be licensed all with the same company. I am a Full-Time Realtor in Maryland and I do not intend to change brokers or teams in my hometown. I am currently with Long and Foster. I am searching for a broker I can hang my license with near Tampa Bay/Clearwater Beach Florida. I have family and friends in the area, and I plan to split my year up eventually. 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied May 19 2022, 07:48

Did you check with your broker? I have no idea, but I would think there is a reason you have to be licensed with the same company even in multiple states. Probably to do with E&O, but not sure.

If they don't allow it, we'd love to have you at KW.

User Stats

Votes
Marian Huish
  • Real Estate Broker
  • DC MD, VA & NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • DC MD, VA & NV
Replied May 20 2022, 05:35

In response to your comment @Andy S McConnell, I was also with Long and Foster for 15 years (DC/MD/VA) and when I got licensed in NV, I had to go with another broker as LNF wasn't there... let me just say that it was a nightmare trying to manage my on-line presence with two different brokerages! I would highly suggest going under one brokerage that could accommodate you in whatever state you choose to be licensed in. I too loved LNF, however, can now, under eXp Realty, can hold a license and/or grow my team, and by getting both client and agent referrals, etc. in all 50 states as well as 21 countries. i.e., the geographical boundaries no longer exist. Other large national brokerages, such as KW, Compass, etc. can also likely offer this. Happy to chat-

Also, to @Bruce Lynn's point, you have no option but to join another brokerage if your current brokerage doesn't operate in that state so of course LNF (or any other small/local brokerages) would have no option but to 'allow' you to join another brokerage in the state they don't operate in.  

• Real Estate Agent DC (#AB98363971), MD (#580520), VA (#0225072524), and Nevada (#BS.01458761.MGR)

eXp Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Andy S McConnell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • USA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • USA
Replied May 20 2022, 10:23

Thank you so much for your feedback 

User Stats

Votes
Nick Thomas
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ashburn, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ashburn, VA
Replied May 20 2022, 20:17

@Andy S McConnell Seems like it would be easier to just be with the same brokerage for MD and Tampa? Wouldn’t mind having another neighboring state KW agent who is investor focused! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.