User Stats

Votes
Jeff Dearman
Votes |
**Which Online Pre-License Course Do You Prefer?**

Jeff Dearman
Posted Oct 27 2022, 16:40

Hi,

I'm getting ready to enroll in the Online Real Estate Pre-Licensing Course and I'm having a hard time deciding as to which Company to sign up with and which package to buy. All of the online courses are competitive in price and what is offered but I just need some input.

What was your favorite Company and Package that you used and why?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Jeff

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Oct 27 2022, 17:00

You might see if your state has pass rates for different course providers.   Not sure if that is a good indication of quality or not, because lazy students or poor students could sign up for great classes and still not pass.  My state (Texas) keeps this information for all the approved schools.

Not sure if they offer in your state, but CE Shop and Aceable Agent are two people often recommend....but I've heard of many others that are probably just as good.  CE shop does offer some great discounts now and then...I'd say call them an ask for the biggest discount...normally about 40% off the standard price.  I guess you could call any of them and ask that.

Study hard...make sure and take a test prep class too.   I also advise to do it fairly quickly...at most 2-3 months...so hopefully you retain the information from the first class.  Don't let it drag out too long....like a year.

Good luck and best wishes.

User Stats

Votes
Christina Brown
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Augusta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Augusta, GA
Replied Oct 27 2022, 17:17

I used one specific to GA for my license, but have used CE shop since and I've been happy with the content and prices. 

One thing I would highly recommend is doing a crash course after you finish the schooling but before you take your final school and state tests. It helped me tremendously on connecting things that are easier to learn in person than through a screen. I don't think I would've passed my test without it. I did a Saturday/Sunday 8am-5pm course and it was well worth the $75 I paid. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ron Martin
  • Homeowner
  • Dumfries, VA
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Dumfries, VA
Replied Oct 28 2022, 01:37

I had decided on Aceable Agent but did Moseley online instead. It has an online text, glossary, and the course is several modules with quizzes which must be passed in order. I breezed through those which opened up practice tests which opened up the final. I passed that first time which opened practice tests for the state and national exam.

Somebody on another site recommended buying the PSI test prep package which I did. I found the Moseley test prep materials helped more than the PSI stuff even though the licensing exam was from PSI. I passed state and national first time and my application is among the probably much smaller stack of agent applications at DPOR Virginia.

Moseley has no bells or whistles and I didn't discover the charts and diagrams until I was finished. The cost of the course also includes post licensing materials which meets those requirements. 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 28 2022, 02:05

@Jeff Dearman KE has a free school of real estate now with Kaplan. I liked Kaplan and like free a lot too

The Moorhead Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Dearman
Votes |
Replied Oct 28 2022, 09:34

Thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it.

User Stats

Votes
Janel Kolbo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 28 2022, 10:20

I just used Aceable and thought it was great! I have a referral/discount code if you decide to go with them. 

User Stats

Votes
Joel Case
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Votes |
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Replied Oct 28 2022, 10:31

The CE Shop is who I used because after research it was the one with the best reviews. 40% military discount made their highest package plenty affordable for me. Passed the exam first try without much studying at all. 

User Stats

Votes
Hunter Terryn
Pro Member
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Nov 9 2022, 08:12

I did Real Estate Express (my Brokerage uses this one for all its agents). It's all online, so you have to be comfortable with that format, but it's pretty straightforward and the info was plenty to pass the exams!

Evernest Logo