• Architect
  • San Francisco
Votes |
Recommended Zero Commission Brokerage?

Danny Bittiker
  • Architect
  • San Francisco
Posted Nov 16 2022, 14:52

I'm just starting out in real estate investing and I passed my salesperson exam recently in CA.

I don't intend to represent buyers or sellers but instead just want to use the license to access MLS and purchase properties... Can anyone recommend a brokerage that isn't focused on training? In other words no desk fee mentorship or commission?

I googled it and there are lots but I'm not sure if any are reputable. Thanks in advance!! 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 16 2022, 19:33

All City is a popular one with no fees. I said the same thing, and now I represent clients. It's fun

User Stats

Votes
William Yeh
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Replied Dec 14 2022, 22:35

@Danny Bittiker To your point, all you are looking for is access to the MLS so the reputation of the brokerage would seem irrelevant no?

I'd recommend finding one that specifically is a member of the San Francisco Association of Realtors (SFAR) assuming that is the area you want MLS access to. Even though all of the Nor Cal MLS's have data sharing agreements, ever since they all went insular and consolidated everyone's data onto their own native platforms, it's been something of a mess.

I've found that you still want to be a member of the home MLS where you will be doing the bulk of your business as not all of the data always gets shared properly between the various systems which cover Nor Cal.

Hope that helps.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mario I Fernandez
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Replied Jun 3 2023, 20:49

Hey @Danny Bittiker I would recommend a brokerage that is investor friendly and if you are starting out in real estate investing I am pretty sure there are a lot of things you will need to learn and be guided.

You can figure out things on your own but it will take you way longer than if you have a guide next you.

Hope this helps.