• Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Wholesalers calling listings with "CASH OFFERS"

Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Nov 22 2022, 11:57

Has anyone noticed an uptick in wholesalers calling listing agents with cash offers? I have spent the whole day fielding calls from these out-of-state wholesalers. Not sure why they are calling on listings that are on-market.

I want to teach them how to find off-market deals so they can actually add some value...

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Bang
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Texas; Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Texas; Arizona
Replied Nov 22 2022, 12:33

Some wholesalers focus on on-market properties.   If they have a disposition list of buyers that buy discounted on market properties, then they will make offers.   Just a numbers game.  There are investors that don't have the time to call a bunch of agents and make a bunch of offers, they are providing a service of value to these investors.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 22 2022, 21:43

On market is a great way to find a deal as well, especially in this climate. Sellers are having trouble selling and wholesalers can move the deals if the numbers work. I've wholesaled a few on market deals 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Erick De casas
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Ramon, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Ramon, CA
Replied Nov 24 2022, 14:34

Assuming they're professional they'll have a list of buyers that they'll assign the property to. There's a lot of on market deals out there and unfortunately some wholesalers work even harder than listing agents to sell a property. For reference I'm a realtor and wholesaler too, if you have any questions on how to filter the good from the bad feel free to reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Guy Gimenez
  • Investor
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Corpus Christi, TX
Replied Nov 24 2022, 18:32

It's a crowded market for wholesalers. I just viewed one where the house had been on the market for a couple of months. The wholesaler sends it to me at just below the former list price and wholesaler states the FMV is $25K higher than the listed price...a price at which the house didn't have any traction when listed. A lot of it can be attributed to what I call BFT...Bigger Fool Theory...the wholesaler is simply throwing mud at the wall in hopes he/she happens to find an investor who doesn't know values for the area.