Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Ross Barrera
Votes |
DFW Area Broker Sponsors Thoughts

Ross Barrera
Posted Nov 30 2022, 23:02

Hi everyone, I live in the DFW Area and will be starting my real estate classes coming up here. 

My goal is to be involved in investor transactions to increase my experience. 

The end goal is to use this experience toward my own properties. That being said Im looking for a broker that specializes in dealing with investors in the DFW/Southlake Area.
Ideally Id' like to work Part time and keep my current job. 

Does anyone have any recommendations of companies to look up?

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Dec 1 2022, 02:05

@Ross Barrera   Lots of investors at Keller Williams.  We wrote the books for example Millionaire Real Estate Investor, another one about buy and hold real estate called HOLD, and another one called FLIP.  Plenty of investors in the system.  Occasional investment and wealth building opportunities from the group.  We may be even able to get you free classes or discounted classes if you want to do 100% online.  If you want in person learning for licensing, no better place than Champions.

User Stats

Votes
Ross Barrera
Votes |
Replied Dec 1 2022, 03:20
Quote from @Bruce Lynn:

@Ross Barrera   Lots of investors at Keller Williams.  We wrote the books for example Millionaire Real Estate Investor, another one about buy and hold real estate called HOLD, and another one called FLIP.  Plenty of investors in the system.  Occasional investment and wealth building opportunities from the group.  We may be even able to get you free classes or discounted classes if you want to do 100% online.  If you want in person learning for licensing, no better place than Champions.

Hey Bruce!
Thank you for responding! 
I was planning on taking the course online because I currently work from home and have a 7 months old. 
does KW have a program they offer for real estate  classes? 
Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Dec 1 2022, 06:39

Look into Teifke Real estate 

User Stats

Votes
Lucia Rushton
  • Realtor
  • Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, Tx
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, Tx
Replied Dec 1 2022, 07:17

@Ross Barrera how many hours do you have available to commit to being a realtor once you are licensed ? You may consider a team that is investor friendly not just focusing on the brokerage. Because you WILL need to rely on your teammates to cover you when you are at your f/t job. Unfortunately there will be times when a real estate deal ( or client ) will not wait for your f/t job to finish. Does that make sense?

User Stats

Votes
Ross Barrera
Votes |
Replied Dec 1 2022, 10:08

@Lucia Rushton I mainly plan on working weekends and sprinkled throughout the week. I work from home and have a very flexible schedule
Thank you for the advice!

User Stats

Votes
Joe Funari
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Keller, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Keller, TX
Replied Dec 2 2022, 13:15

@Ross Barrera Consider Century 21 Mike Bowman. They are located in Grapevine and I have found them very accommodating to my investment activities as an investor/realtor. Plus, the training and mentoring is top notch. Reach out to @Ashley Maisano and let her know I referred you. She can go into more detail on on boarding. But once onboard I will be able to help you as well. Even in a part time capacity. 

• Real Estate Agent Texas (#0689082)

CENTURY 21 Mike Bowman, Inc. Logo