• Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Dec 4 2022, 03:43

All asset classes or just real estate.

If all asset classes I would say Oil and Gas.....easy we could see LNG prices 3x this year or next year.   Easy we could see oil/WTI 2x.   Think about demand when China opens.  Think about if Russia gets pissed at Europe and stops all exports with the max price idea.  Even if Russia doesn't stop exports, without international expertise allow to work and supply Russia oil and gas industry, their production can suffer over next few years.

Real Estate---seems like warehouses are still strong and will continue to be in the near future....when you look at home prices and interest rates, I would think there should be increasing demand over the next five years for mobile home parks and housing.   Mutlifamily probably taking a little breather this year and into next, but I would expect if we get just a little drop in interest rates, that could take off again too in the SunBelt states.  Huge shortage of housing, huge shift in migration/immigration.  Either way you lean politically, we've got at minimum 2 more years of this admin in Washington that doesn't seem to care about border security.  I think 2022 we had 2million cross.  They have to live somewhere...so that's probably the case for multifamily and maybe manufactured housing. Potentially we have another 4 years after that, where if those policies don't change and we have several million more immigrants and they will need someplace to live...again case for multifamily and mobile homes.....and if we teach all the immigrants coming here to be great consumers like the rest of us already here...that probably is a good storm for warehouses too if we can get them to sign up for Amazon accounts.

Maybe a third asset class on both fronts is biomedical research space.....drug/medical device companies even during the downturn seem to do well and they need a place to do their research.  I would guess, but not up on that class would be places like Boston, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Dallas, Houston.  Where the big famous hospitals, teaching institutions, and research facilities are.

What do you think?  What is your best guess?