• Real Estate Agent
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
New Agent looking for investor friendly brokerage

Hillary Fox
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Dec 14 2022, 05:22

Hi! My name is Hillary Fox and I just passed my real estate salesperson exam and am looking for a brokerage. I would like to focus my business on investors and plan to begin investing myself in the near future. I am looking for brokerages that will align with these goals. If anyone has recommendations please let me know. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Holly Barrett
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dawsonville, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dawsonville, GA
Replied Jan 2 2023, 11:34

@Hillary Fox so of course I’m bias, but I chose EXP Bc that’s where Avery Carl and other investor agents on here that I follow hang their hats. If you are a self starter, comfortable working from home, tech savvy, resourceful, trying to create your own thing, and do things your own way…then I’d vote EXP.

Another idea is to look for teams in your area that are investor heavy and join them to shadow others firsthand.

The brokerages all have pros and cons, it’s really identifying what is important to you and then see what tools / resources your options offer and just pull the trigger and give it a go!

Congrats!!

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Jan 3 2023, 22:56

As a new agent, especially coming into a market that's going to be changing,  it's important to get in with a brokerage that has a system for training, and support. Don't be worried about "investor friendly", I'm not even sure what that means, but see it a lot on BP. Every agent that knows the business is investor friendly. That doesn't mean you have to run countless comps, and scenarios for people for free. Just give good service and go the extra mile. 

One of the most important things to learn is "know what you don't know", then find the answers! It's important to get to KNOW your local market. Go to Open Houses, look at the homes, lot sizes, finishes, locations; and how they compare to each other. Reach out to different lenders, etc. I have no clue how title and escrow is done in Georgia, and if you don't, find out. Some places require attorneys, others like in CA we have title/escrow companies, etc. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Remember, all the people you will work with like lenders, title companies, insurance, etc. need the business, and usually more than happy to explain their processes, programs, etc. to you. On loans, there's lots of different things coming onto the market, so learn about them. I know you didn't ask for all of this, so take what helps and forgive the rest! Good luck. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes