Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Casey Ferry
  • Valdosta Georgia
Votes |
What is the best course to get my Real estate Agent License?

Casey Ferry
  • Valdosta Georgia
Posted Jan 8 2023, 15:22

I am looking to enroll in classes to get my real estate license in Oregon. I went to the state approved list and saw a plethora of options and was wondering if there are any that standout among the others? My only stipulation is that I will be that I live out of state so the courses will have to be done online. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this message. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 8 2023, 16:09

@Casey Ferry

I’ve done my course through Kaplan, which is free of charge when joining a Keller Williams office. I’ve been pretty happy with the class and the format, and it’s 100% online, including the exams.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 8 2023, 16:13

@Casey Ferry

I recently got my IL license. Its not so much the class thats the bad part. The problem is the PSI testing proctor. TAKE EXAMS IN PERSON. This will help you avoid technical issues while taking it online. Their customer service is awful. As far as classes go check out reviews of the organizations in your area. Seems like most are similar. Best of luck!  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jan 8 2023, 16:55

@Casey Ferry   Plenty of people here on BP have taken their classes thru Aceable Agent or CE Shop.  That's if you want to do it online.  As @Noah O'Cain mentioned, Keller Williams now offers free classes thru Kaplan....also all online.   You might also check community colleges in your area.  Those classes are often live and pretty cost effective.   Adults typically learn better in person hands on vs online, but everyone is different.

Here's a list of all the OR approved licensing courses....https://www.oregon.gov/rea/lic...   I've always thought in person was better based on interaction with other students and the questions they ask and the stories of the instructor.   However that can be more expensive, you have to do it on their schedule, and might take longer.   Online might be a little more boring, but you can do on your timeframe and also easier perhaps than having to drive somewhere if where the courses are offered and not close to you.

Good luck and best wishes.

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Potts
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jan 11 2023, 01:30

I did OnlineEd. Pretty easy to navigate through their website and course and finished it and passed the exam in about 28 days. Felt that it transferred pretty well to the actual state exam. I recommend buying the practice tests on the state website and some online flashcards, those were game changing for me! And ask questions to other people who are licensed, that will definitely help out too!

Good luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 11 2023, 21:58

Do Aceable 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 14 2023, 11:21

I'm licensed as a Sales Associate in Georgia and took courses through the CEShop (mentioned previously in another post).  A handful of my colleagues also had a good experience with this online school for pre-licensing.  They also have an array of post-education classes approved for CE credit, which is nice if you're already used to their platform from pre-licensing. The first thing would be to make sure the CEShop is approved as an online school in your state of Oregon. Good luck!