• Florida
Votes |
New real estate license, need preparation and learning tips and resources

Greg Georges
  • Investor
  • Florida
Posted Feb 10 2023, 15:12

Hello all!

I just passed my real estate exam last week, and did so mostly because I am a real estate investor here in west Florida and wanted to represent myself in future transactions. However, I also see this as a great opportunity as a sideline being fully employed in the IT sector working from home.

I am in a special situation because I am a permanent resident of Florida but on a H1B work visa (Canadian citizen). My work visa thus does not allow me to actively use my real estate license until my green card is approved which should be around the end of this year.

What seems an inconvenience can actually be an opportunity for me, as I realize from reading these forums  that actually succeeding as a real estate agent takes time and putting in place systems to help you sell your services (database of contacts, lead generation, etc).

Thus, while I am waiting for my green card to be finalized I intent to learn the most I can about the subject, and that is why I am reaching out to all of you!

Have just started reading David Greene's excellent starter book called "sold" and intend to read the trilogy. I also plan on starting to set up my own personal CRM with all the contacts I have collected over the years.

Do you have any other suggestions, tips, books, podcasts, Youtube videos, etc that you all feel important to go through while I am waiting until the end of the year?

Once the green card does arrive, I will be REALLY ready to hit the road running

Thanks for all of you insight and experience, and looking forward to hearing from you

Greg Georges
New real estate agent
Brokerage firm to be decided soon :)

Loading replies...