Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes

New Agent in the Investor Space

Posted Mar 1 2023, 10:48

Hello all. I've been a real estate agent in Houston for about 3.5 years. I've been utilizing Facebook and Craigslist to generate investor leads. I am also participating in networking events. Question: Are there any other tactics for lead gen that you'd recommend that I may not be thinking of? I am wanting to increase my touch points and exhaust all available resources to build a solid book of investors to partner and close deals with. 

User Stats

Votes
Karl McGarvey
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Mar 1 2023, 11:42
Quote from @Danny Guzmán Jr.:

Hello all. I've been a real estate agent in Houston for about 3.5 years. I've been utilizing Facebook and Craigslist to generate investor leads. I am also participating in networking events. Question: Are there any other tactics for lead gen that you'd recommend that I may not be thinking of? I am wanting to increase my touch points and exhaust all available resources to build a solid book of investors to partner and close deals with. 

If you arent investing yourself, then marketing for investors is tough. A lot of us out there doing both that can speak straight from our experiences that investors like. Credibility is huge. If you arent investing yourself, buy a property and network using your experience. We just closed on our 5th door since 2020 and work with primarily investors trying to do exactly what we do

User Stats

Votes
Marco Fiore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Mar 1 2023, 11:47

Hello Danny, I believe BiggerPockets is the best way to reach any investor. The more you post and give your advice on different topics, the more credibility you can build. Yes, being an investor yourself would speak on behalf of that, but learning through BiggerPockets can add to that as well. I sent over a connection so please feel free to reach out! Good luck with your endeavors. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 1 2023, 12:15
Quote from @Karl McGarvey:
Quote from @Danny Guzmán Jr.:

If you arent investing yourself, then marketing for investors is tough. A lot of us out there doing both that can speak straight from our experiences that investors like. Credibility is huge. If you arent investing yourself, buy a property and network using your experience. We just closed on our 5th door since 2020 and work with primarily investors trying to do exactly what we do

I appreciate this Karl! Short-term goal is to get my first rental in the next 12mos. I'm patient enough to wait for credibility in that regard, for now I'll build it through learning from people like you on the forums. Thanks again

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Mcenteer
  • Realtor
  • Boonton Township, NJ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Boonton Township, NJ
Replied Mar 1 2023, 16:16

@Danny Guzmán Jr. Bigger Pockets is great place! :)

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Mar 2 2023, 23:22

Create your own REIA networking group.

Hold seminars for investors....instead of first time buyers.

Get a list of cash buyers in your area and reach out to them.

Get a list of out of state investors that own property in your target market, reach out to them.