Votes
Willis Seng
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
NEED HELP! CROOKED BROKER!

Willis Seng
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:52

Ok.. well, my parents originally wanted to sell a commercial property. They signed a contract agreeing to close on may 31, 2007. May 31st has passed. My parents decided to tell the broker that they will think about it. So they thought and thought and thought. Broker was at the same time being very pushy to close. So my parents were like.... ok, lets say august 6th, verbally. The broker writes august 6th on the new contract WITHOUT any signatures, so it is ineffective until they sign. The contract was not shown to us until we went to the title company to ask for the contract. There, we found out that both of my parents signature was on it. BOTH said they did not sign it and was clearly not their hand writing. My parents got pissed and decided to not sell now. Broker AND buyer gets pissed are going to sue us for expenses and damages (loss of wages). Broker does not know that we recieved a copy of the contract. They said we were the ones to delay the closing, which was true, and they thought we were going to sell. So... my parents are going to a lawyer to talk about the signatures they never signed. Should we just show the forged signatures to the broker and tell him that we can sue him and put him in jail to avoid the lawsuits? Need help quick guys, closing is on monday, aug 6th, if nothings done.

Loading replies...