• Snohomish, WA
Votes |
Husband/Wife Real Estate Team - One Experienced, One Not

Zach Schwarzmiller
  • Investor
  • Snohomish, WA
Posted Nov 21 2014, 13:08

Greetings!

I was interested to see if any others out there have any recommendations. My wife and I are currently real estate investors in multiple single-family, multi-family and commercial properties. I do all of the brokerage, management, analysis, negotiations, etc. She has helped me fix items and helps with the Quickbooks accounts. 

She currently has a full-time corporate job and is to the point where she is ready to get out of that world and explore new opportunities. She will explore a few different options; however, as we do invest in real estate we both feel it's very relevant for her to get more hands-on. I was thinking perhaps she just gets her real estate license joins a residential firm doing deals part-time to learn that side of it and in conjunction with that I could help her as well.  

We both live in Washington State and have no intention of going to another state though we are under contract on a house in Cle Elum now putting us further away from Seattle and the bulk of our rentals; however, if were both self-employed getting around to the properties becomes less of an issue. 

Appreciate any thoughts on what you guys might suggest to someone in her case. Maybe it's worth trying realtor work, or maybe someone tried this and found their wife really enjoyed another aspect better? I know everyone is different, but it's cool to hear what others have done. Thanks!

Loading replies...