When can I start selling?

5 Replies

I'll be taking my licensing exam this weekend (which I am very confident about) and I do have a sponsoring broker. An acquaintance approached me because she knew I was getting into the business. She asked if I would be her agent as she begins her home search.

I told her that I should (fingers crossed!) be licensed by this weekend and that I would check with my broker to see when I can start helping her out. But, it's late and I'm curious! Can I start immediately, with the help/supervision of my broker? Thanks!

not until your license is safely hanging in your brokers office

Originally posted by @Steven Picker :

not until your license is safely hanging in your brokers office

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn't clarify... When I said "immediately," I meant once my broker had my license, not the second I pass the test.

I'm worried that I'm going in blind. I'm so excited about a potential client, but obviously the prelicensing course doesn't exactly prepare you for real-life business. Any advice for a newbie?

get the listing your broker, colleagues, office manger will train you Congrats you are going to love it 

Originally posted by @Steven Picker :

get the listing your broker, colleagues, office manger will train you Congrats you are going to love it 

Great! Thank you so much!

Just find an agent who is nice and ask them to walk you through the process. My first deal was my best friend and he wouldn't even sign the contract to work exclusively with me because I hadn't taken the class on those contracts and what they are for, how they work etc. I had an agent who kept her cell phone by her side for the couple weeks I was learning with them.