Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Vought
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Commack, NY
Votes |
Anyone With Access to Comps For Kansas City, MO?

Dawn Vought
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Commack, NY
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:46

I am in the midst of refinancing a balloon payment that is due very shortly on 3 houses in Kansas City, MO. Bank #1 was processing and going along fine to close until at the last minute the underwriter didn't like the "feel" of the loan - she thought somehow I was related/partners with the person holding the mortgage (who I had just bought the house from), and thought we were trying to cash out the house. Had no bearing in truth, but still killed the refi loans.

The agreement I had with the investor selling the house was that my purchase price originally would be 75% of whatever the houses appraised for, so I would have 25% equity. I was going for a 75% LTV refi loan on each.

Went to bank #2. Everything going along fine until the appraisals just came back, and they are a lot lower than the first set, so my 75% LTV just went to >85% LTV, which they won't do for investors these days. (They wouldn't accept the appraisals that had just been done for bank #1 between February and March 2008.) The differences in value range from $15K to $24K.

Long story short, they have agreed to let me submit comps for the 3 houses to help substantiate a higher Appraised Value. The oldest the comps can be dated is the date of the oldest comp in their appraisals, which is the end of July 2007 for 2 of the houses and Sept. 2007 for the 3rd house. Apparently there are not a lot of houses that change hands (at least at arms length or not involving investors), as the area is pretty stable, so most of the comps in my original appraisals are just a little older than those dates.

Can any realtors out there run some comps for me for these houses? Otherwise I have to go to Bank #3, and who knows what way they will find to flake out on me.

If there's anyone out there that can help me, please contact me and I will give you the 3 addresses.

MO is a non-disclosure state, so the normal websites I would go to get this info on my own don't have any sales prices, so I need someone with MLS access. If anyone has any other ideas to get comps, I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Dawn

Loading replies...