Cost Benefit - Broker Advice - Part Time Agent - NJ

5 Replies

I'm taking the plunge and starting real estate classes soon to obtain my license. I'm researching brokers that would give me the best bang for my buck. I hold a full time job and will be doing RE on the side. Training etc. is not important to me. All I'm looking for is the ability to show myself houses, gain access to the MLS, and submit offers.

I have been researching RealMark and Global Elite Realty because they both are around $100 per month but it doesn't look like the includes access to MLS.

Does anyone have experience with these brokers or have any that they recommend?

Realty Mark I meant

Hi Rob,

Most likely, your local Realtor Association will give you MLS access, not your brokerage. I'm with Charles Rutenberg Realty here in Chicago. They offer tiers of service for desk fees, the lowest being $35 a month (I have low volume), plus a flat fee per transaction of $395. There is no commission split. Since we are a large office, E & O insurance is included. My local board that provides the MLS database is far more expensive, coming in at over $800+ a year in dues. Continuing education is also separate and we renew our licenses every 24 months.

Best of luck to you!  

thanks for the advice, more expensive than I was expecting but it will pay off for itself in the long term

Hi Rob Randle - have you decided on a broker yet? I'm in the same position as you and am evaluating different brokers (aka cheapest, or, best value). Would love to hear who you decide to go with. Greg