• Boulder, CO
Votes |
Looking for a recommendation for a solid investors agent in STL

Zeona McIntyre
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boulder, CO
Posted Aug 17 2015, 06:46

Hi, I am a residential investor looking for a savvy investors agent in St. Louis with strong negotiating skills who is very knowledgable about the area. My current agent had complained to me a few times about how small the commissions were for such low cost properties (under 100K, which I found to be unprofessional) and has now asked me to pay him additional commission on top what the seller pays. 

I purchased a house in July and am just beginning the search for two more in the next month. I believe he should be satisfied with the volume of business I am bringing him. I am still a fairly new investor (purchased 2 homes in the last year) and after running comps in the area that I bought recently, I found that I could have negotiated at least a 10k less deal. He had never even offered to run comps. I do all the property analyzation and much of the search myself to be respectful of the agents time, knowing that commissions are smaller. I try to just use them for paperwork, negotiations, and some small advice only.

I don't believe I am being unreasonable but I am open to hearing what other investors think. I would love any and all recommendation for great agents. Thanks   

Loading replies...