Votes
Tristin Lysogorski
  • Drums, PA
Votes |
What good is a salesperson's license?

Tristin Lysogorski
  • Drums, PA
Posted Oct 4 2015, 14:38

So I've been trying to decide on whether or not I should obtain a salesperson's license. I finally decided I should, and thus signed up for an online course. I'm a few hours in and I fear I may have just wasted my money. 

My sole purpose for obtaining the license is to improve my own real estate business, not to sell any properties. Everywhere I read, I see all the benefits of receiving a "Real Estate License." Well here's the thing, a real estate license isn't an actual thing that anybody can obtain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't go anywhere and apply for a real estate license. One can obtain a real estate salesperson's license or a broker's license. None of the posts explaining whether or not one should obtain a real estate license specifies which license they are referring to.

Would it be worth while for me to finish the course and obtain my salesperson's license? Would I still be able to obtain access to the MLS? I have no intention of becoming a licensed broker, as that requires four times the amount of courses and it simply wouldn't be worth while to me, seeing as how I just want access to the MLS. Would I be able to do this without becoming a broker?

-Tristin

Loading replies...