Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
David Hays
  • Investor
  • Malaga, Andalucía
Votes |
CA Broker´s License - Acceptable Kinds of Equivalent Experience?

David Hays
  • Investor
  • Malaga, Andalucía
Posted Nov 24 2015, 16:10

Hi BP Community,

Just a couple days ago I made the order for course materials to pursue my California RE Agent´s license through Allied Schools. It should be noted immediately that I have no real desire to act as a full-time real estate agent, and instead made this decision for our own investment goals, as well as with the goal of getting my broker´s license to establish our own property management company.

Today I received a phone call from Allied with some information about the course I´d purchased, and the lady went on to tell me that I could actually be qualified to take pursue the broker´s license immediately (pending the requisite education they naturally had on special promotion), because I had spent the last 3 years in property management (albeit, in Spain). She sent me this information to qualify her information:

http://www.dre.ca.gov/Examinees/BrokerExperience.html

Acceptable Kinds of Equivalent Experience

An applicant may qualify with two years full-time experience, gained within the five-year period immediately prior to the date of application for the broker examination, in any of the following areas:

1.Experience as an escrow or title officer or as a loan officer in a capacity directly related to the financing or conveying of real property.

2.Experience as a subdivider, contractor, or speculative builder, during which time applicant performed comprehensive duties relating to the purchase, finance, development, and sale or lease of real property.

3.Experience as a real property appraiser.

Now, I don´t specifically see property management anywhere in that list - and I´m also concerned that my experience was in another country and how that would probably not be applicable - but if I´m actually qualified, then pursuing my broker´s license directly would be an excellent thing for us.

Can any of you shed any objective experience on this? My feeling is that the school was just trying to sell me more classes, but I´ll take advantage of it if it actually works.

Loading replies...