• Real Estate Agent
  • Mineral Wells, TX
Votes |
Investor-Realtor? Frustrated

DG H.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mineral Wells, TX
Posted Nov 27 2015, 17:13

I've been an Real Estate Investor for 10+ years...I've had my Realtor License for 2 years. I'm always wearing two hats and sometimes they get confused. Since I've had my license I haven't bought a property for myself. I thought I would make a little more money being a realtor while I invested but this Realtor gig has taken on a life of it's own. I'm a Realtor with a Big National Company and they expect everyone to list, sell, close and repeat. I have to admit I'm very competive and it's not a good thing  since I spend more time being a Realtor than an investor. Everytime I start to offer on a property for myself...the listing agent says my seller won't take that! Before I was a Realtor I didn't care I offered anyway and sometimes I got the deal and sometimes I didn't. Now it's like I can't offer since I will offend another Brokerage. 

I need some input from others that have had the same problems with the investor-realtor life. Frankly I really make more money with less work being an investor but its not a steady money machine. As a Realtor I'm working non-stop and have money coming in more frequent but it's more frustrating since I work for nothing when clients don't buy, can't buy or just disappear. 

Thanks for listening...It's been a frustrating 2 weeks. 

Loading replies...