Votes
Nick Whitaker
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Question about buyer's lead resulting in contract

Nick Whitaker
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Aug 21 2016, 20:20

Hey BP community, my wife and I have a house under contract as buyers and was wondering if it is acceptable to ask our real estate agent to contribute a percentage/certain ammount of his commission torwards closing costs?

Here is the backstory

My wife happened to drive by and found the home directly after the sellers agent put the for sale sign in the front yard. The house was not listed on the MLS yet. She called the sellers agent to get information on the home. We were able to get the first viewing on the home with our agent the same evening. Submitted an offer and got it accepted two days later.

I must mention we live in a very competitive market, especially in the price range of this home. I have been watching the MLS through email alerts and homes in this price range tend to go under contract in 7 days or less.

One more note, our real estate agent even mentioned how my wife made a very good impression on the sellers agent with her call in the morning regarding the property. (Her call may or may not have persuaded the sellers agent to get sellers to accept our offer)

With regards to all of the above factors,is it acceptable to ask for assistance from buyers agent torward closing cost?

I understand that finding a home is only a small portion of a real estate agents role in the purchase of a house. Just looking for some crowd sourced input. 

Thanks in advance for replies!

Loading replies...