• Wichita, KS
Votes |
Help selling my parents house in Kansas City - Blue Springs, MO

Shane H.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Dec 23 2016, 09:02

Hi all - my folks are in their  middle 60's and have lived in KC metro (Blue Springs, MO) for around 8 or so years - they are wanting to relocate back to where myself & sister live to be with family/spend time with the grand kids.

Here's a link to their present listing   http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/1308-NW-Deer-...

I think their present realtor sucks and am trying to motivate them to fire her - I'm fairly certain she has the square footage listed wrong - there is about another 1000 finished square footage in the basement she has left off and simply put the listing on the MLS doing nothing else - her ad copy sucks, no video, no facebook etc.

This is a VERY well built house and I'm not saying that since they are related - if I had any desire to live here I'd move in a heartbeat - maple cabinets, hard surface counters, great location - easy to get to I70 and get around, close to shopping etc - nice neighborhood etc - one of the lower priced houses in the neighborhood etc etc.

I dont want them to get screwed out of money and the current realtor is heading down that path.

Anyways if there are any good Kansas City area Missouri side or Blue Springs based agents please contact me.  I have some ideas for a couple light remodeling things they could do if necessary but being parents they typically will not listen to their children and have to hear the advice from someone else.  

Or if you have any feedback please post it on the thread - cosmetic wise, I'd like to see them remodel the master bath which I could help them do, touch up some stain in areas, among a few other minor things to really make the house pop.  Hey if it's ovepriced let me know but from the small amount of research Ive spent I think it's very competitively priced at the moment but I could be wrong - I'm not as intimately familiar with the KC market as I am back home.

Thanks!!!

Loading replies...