Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Evan R.
  • Bordentown, NJ
Votes |
What should a new investor agent look for in a broker?

Evan R.
  • Bordentown, NJ
Posted Mar 21 2017, 07:45

Hello everyone,

I'm an aspiring investor and recently passed the NJ state exam. The main purpose of obtaining my license was to gain access to the MLS, open some new doors and hopefully cut some future costs.

To be clear this will be part time to start out.  I am about to start a mentorship in construction management/RE property development to kickstart my my real estate investment career. 

I need to figure out what is the best type of broker for me.  I have an opportunity to work under a team setup, at one of the larger brokerages, where the team leader is willing to take me under their wing, show me the ropes, take me out on appointments, refer me business and we do a negotiated split agreement in addition to the brokerage agreement.  This broker/salesperson is investor oriented and looking to branch out more as a team focused on real estate investment/investors.  

What should I be looking for as far as fees that could affect my bottom line in the beginning.  

Is it necessary to become a realtor?  Can I avoid that annual fee by choosing not to take on that classification.  

Any other suggestions as I interview with other brokers, large and small?   Thanks so much. 

Loading replies...