Votes
John Reid
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Team VS National Brokerage VS Boutique Firm

John Reid
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Apr 23 2017, 20:22
Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I have a question for all who could spare the time to help. Sorry in advance for the long post but it adds context to my question. I just moved over to the USA with my wife (US Citizen) from the UK, she got an amazing opportunity in AZ and we couldn't turn it down. I was a realtor in the UK for about 3 1/2 years, decently successful. I've just obtained my sales license here in America, and I have a choice between three brokers to make. I'm having a hard time deciding so any feedback would help immensely. A) Join the team of a rainmaker, its a fairly large team (around 65 agents), combined sales volume last year was just shy of $1billion, so they do pretty well! 60/40 comm split, guaranteed buyers lead, lots of help and structure, DOWNSIDE, all deals are put under the lead agents name, if I leave I don't get to take any of my clients brought in, and i'm not building my own brand/business, essentially just helping build someone else's business. B) Go independent with a large national brand, 70/30 comm split to start, plenty of training options, office fee's seem reasonable. DOWNSIDE no guaranteed/free leads, I'm completely new to the COUNTRY so my circles of influence are non existent. C) Very well respected small boutique brokerage. Very well known in the state, about 15 agents total, they deal with professional athletes and large home builders, so a lot of brand kudos. DOWNSIDES, 100% comm, set fee per transaction ($500) plus $200 month office fees, which means the broker, as he's told me, is very hands off. Pretty much given a phone and a desk and told 'don't do anything illegal', that's it. Great if you're experienced in the area, not so much when you have no leads. Quick income isn't a big issue, even without my wifes income, I have savings to support us for about 12-18 months with NO income (saved pretty religiously when working in the UK and did fairly well for myself), so I have time to build a brand, but don't know if I should team up initially to get established with deals in the USA and settled in the area. Thoughts?

Loading replies...