Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Waltner
  • Ellensburg, WA
Votes |
Part time RE Agent with Full time Finance Position?? Thoughts?

Andrew Waltner
  • Ellensburg, WA
Posted Apr 28 2017, 13:10

Hello BP!

I am seeking advice on potentially obtaining my RE license to work part time as a RE broker, while obtaining a full time day job in financial lending. I want to know your opinions on selling houses part time to stack commissions with a full time salary day job. Of course there is more to my story, so let me give you a short background on my situation.

Soon, I am graduating from a university with Bachelor's degrees in both Finance and Economics. I am an inspiring real estate investor and extremely oriented around real estate. Last summer, I worked for a real estate brokerage's admin team, compiling paperwork for home sales, calling leads and setting appointments for brokers, etc.

As a result, the brokerage wants me to come back and work as a broker full time in June. However, I need a reliable & consistent income stream initially to fund the investment properties I intend to purchase asap. Therefore, I have come across the thought of taking classes to obtain my RE license, while working in financial lending, and eventually working part time as a RE broker while maintaining a full time job.

My questions

• Do any of you work a full time job and as a RE broker part time? If yes, what kind of job? Do you love it/hate it?
  • Anyone work both on the financing side as a mortgage loan officer, and on the sales side as a RE broker?
    • Perks of working on all sides of RE transactions vs specializing in one?
  • As an inspiring RE investor, with degrees in Finance & Economics, how would you capitalize on potential earnings with careers in the RE industry?

I am so torn between the different career paths available to obtain capital for my RE investing out of college. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on the topic from professionals within the RE & Financial industries. 

Thank you for your time!

Loading replies...