Real Estate Agent
Account Closed
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
Brand new investor looking for agent

Account Closed
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted Oct 17 2017, 19:44

Hello all, this is my first post, and I have a couple extremely newbie questions. I'm new to the idea of real estate investing, but extremely motivated. I've been listening to as many of the podcasts as I can while at work, as I'm a driver, and it's a perfect opportunity to learn WHILE working. I even picked up a couple books I've been reading at home. Needless to say, most of my time lately has been devoted to learning about the REI world. But, I have a dumb question about real estate agents. What is the difference between real estate agents and realtors? I never hear people use the term realtor, only real estate agent. What is the best way you all have found to find a good agent? I had a great realtor when I bought my house, and I'm considering getting in contact with him again. I know he works closely with at least one other investor because my house was essentially a wholesale situation, as they bought it cheap and intended to rehab and flip it before my realtor thought I might be interested in it. So I bought it from them as is and we both got a great deal. Anyways, would it be a conflict of interest for him if he's already working closely with another investor, or should I try and get in contact with him? Thanks in advance for the advice

Loading replies...