• Real Estate Agent
  • Denham Springs, LA
Votes |
Accidental Real Estate Agent

Shaun R.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denham Springs, LA
Posted Nov 23 2017, 21:20

I got my RE license in Louisiana to make it easier to find investment properties. So far, I've had a little success and have our second rental property under contract. I've loved having access to the MLS and being able to make my own offers.

So here's the thing... I also used my license to help a friend of mine to purchase a home, and that commission check for $4,900 I got yesterday has me hungry for more.  I've got a full-time job that keeps me pretty busy, but I do have time to do some part-time work.  I hung my license at a smaller office and I believe most of the agents are part-time.  I'm setting a goal for myself to close more transactions than any of the other agents in 2018, other than the broker.  

When I got my license I had no intention of doing any work as an agent for other people, but now I believe it would be a waste not to use it.  And it will allow me to earn extra income to help purchase more investment properties.  But, I need to learn how to be a good agent.  I've been listening to some podcasts, but what other resources would you recommend to a new agent to get educated on what it takes to be successful in this field?  

I've got the bug now, and I want to do big things in 2018.  Help me get this upcoming new year kicked off in the right direction.  I know there are some successful agents on this forum that have lots of knowledge to share. 

Loading replies...