• Dearborn, MI
Votes |
Hello Biggerpockets investor from Dearborn MI

Gregory Rankel
  • Investor
  • Dearborn, MI
Posted Dec 8 2017, 06:17

Hello, Biggerpockets.

I have been involved in many different aspects in real estate investing and residential construction over the years and I am currently ready to give investing in real estate a go on my own (more info regarding my experience and goals in profile).

My name is Greg and I am a licensed builder and a newly licensed real estate agent in Michigan. The main reason why I am licensed was to find great deals on the MLS that I could pursue and flip on my own. However, I would like to take on some investors as clients as well so I can:

Learn how they look at deals and the areas they look in

How are these deals being financed

My question, how I can use both my real estate license and builder license effectively together while working with other investors/clients.

Am I ethically allowed to use my expertise as builder to inform my clients/investors about the condition of the property?

I understand some of the benefits of being licensed in both fields and what that provides for my company but have I overlooked anything?

Any guidance, ideas or suggestions on how I can put these two licenses to use would be great.

I look forward to your responses!!

Thanks

Greg

Loading replies...