Votes
Laurie Kerrigan
  • Hackettstown, NJ
Votes |
Real Estate 101: Can you help me?

Laurie Kerrigan
  • Hackettstown, NJ
Posted Dec 11 2017, 17:37

Hi, My name is Laurie and I recently have decided becoming a real estate agent may suit my needs for self fulfillment and growth. I graduated a few years ago with an elementary school teaching degree and without a prospective job on the horizon, I have settled in a less than desirable job. I say less than desirable because everyday is exactly the same. What is the definition of insanity? 

As for me, I tend to learn quickly and have great time management skills. I currently work independently without supervision.  I like a solo challenge but also agree working together gets the job done. I love the marketing aspect of my job and love teaching people new things. 

I write this today because I want to hear the pros and cons of becoming a real estate agent. Do you have any regrets? What made you take the leap into real estate? What do you get out of your job? Is this a good job for a mother long term? 

I am eager to begin a new chapter in my life. I am ready to take on new skills and manage my day to day job requirements with great success. I am thinking of becoming a real estate agent in PA and getting the additional certification in NJ. PA offers the course online which is a little more flexible with my fulltime job. I live 19 miles from the border of PA but currently reside in NJ. Has anyone completed an online course? What feedback would you have on that versus in-person class? 

Any information you can provide me would be helpful. Sometimes we all need a little push to achieve greatness. 

Thank you in advance ! 

Loading replies...