• Alexandria, VA
Votes |
What finder's fee would you charge?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alexandria, VA
Posted Jul 6 2010, 11:53

I have a question for Realtors:

short version: What fee would you find acceptable (i.e. finders fee) for informing a wholesaler about a good deal out there that you saw in one of your neighborhoods?

long version: While out and about doing your job you come across an "ugly" residential property from time to time. Let's say that it's vacant and beat up. You notice it because you are in the neighborhood frequently as you are selling nearby homes and/or showing traditional buyers other properties. You know that none of your buyers would be interested in it but you know that a investor might be. What fee/compensation do you think you should receive for contacting an investor and feeding this tip? Note: you will not be the listing agent or buyers agent in this scenario. The investor will contact the owner and negotiate directly and, later, will be selling directly to a cash buyer.

I know that different states/counties/municipalities have different laws regarding receiving compensation for acting as an agent. I'm unsure if the scenario falls within the acceptable area of the rules.

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss this scenario.

Loading replies...