W-2 income is more then 150k. How to qualify as RE professional?

2 Replies

My husband's W-2 income is projected to be more then 150k. I've heard  that it's not possible to take passive loss in that case. I am not employed currently and heard I can qualify as RE professional if certain amount of time is spent working in that area. How would I qualify without getting license. I heard I have to keep a journal or something to keep track of my RE activities, but don't really know any rules or the proper way to do it. We self manage. If anybod does that , please share your knowledge.

Thank you