• Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Accessing properties with a real estate license

Marsha Rost
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Sep 21 2018, 22:02
I’m a beginner here and have been trying to find a good deal to flip. I’ve seen many properties And made several offers none of which have been accepted. In analyzing my numbers I’ve even tried to settle for a minimum profit just so I can get in the game and gain some experience. I feel like my agent is starting to get frustrated and tiered of showing me so many properties and writing so many offers. She no longer responds to my questions right away like she used to and sometimes ignores them altogether. She is a great agent and knows her stuff. She helped us buy our own house but I think she is not as enthusiastic with us as she used to be. Anyways I’m thinking of getting my own license to not have to keep politely askiNG someone else to make time for me to see a property. I’ve been reading up on the requirements of becoming an agent and that I have to sign up with a broker. My question is, can I access MLS and properties without being assigned to a broker and having to pay their fees? So once I find a property I can just ask another agent to make an offer? Would that even be a smart thing to do or is it totally stupid? Also is it easy to find a broker if I am only wanting to work on my own properties? My dilemma is that I want to have access to mls and properties but I don’t think it would make financial sense to have to pay broker fees if I am only buying 1 or 2 houses per year for now. Should I even consider getting a license? Thanks

Loading replies...