Starting out as an agent

2 Replies

Hi everyone! I am new in this group and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Maura and I live in the NJ/NY area. I just got my real estate salesperson license and It is time for me to choose a broker and to start this incredible adventure. I live in a small town in New Jersey, would you advice me to look for a broker in my town (People say that you should know the area where you are selling houses so you can give the best recommendations to potential buyers) or would you say that I should focus on working in a busier/bigger city where the market and earnings are better? I appreciate any advice you could give me. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!

@Maura Colarelli

Hello Maura !

Choosing a broker is vital in which tools are available. I have done research on the brokers.

The small no name ones offer lots of compensation but no help and learning curve is high

A name brokerage like mine ,Coldwell Banker, provides not only great compensation but tools and learning

You should be near your area of course but you could also consider the area you want to specialize in. I live in Hasbrouck Heights but my office is in Closter.

The tools we have are endless. We are always adding and I’m always discovering.

If you are interested in joining the blue team I would be happy to discuss further.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me