List properties you have under contract on MLS?

3 Replies

Lets say you put a property under contract, and negotiate/buy a long option period. Since you have the property under contract if have a real estate agent, or are one yourself, can you then list that property you have under contract on MLS? This is assuming the property was not on MLS to begin with.

Thanks for your help

Updated about 7 years ago

I am located in DFW area in TX. Specifically Denton.

It depends on the laws of your state (how they define marketable title) and the rules of your MLS (whether they allow listing by a non-owner). It may also depend on the rules set by your agent's broker.

Originally posted by J Scott:
It depends on the laws of your state (how they define marketable title) and the rules of your MLS (whether they allow listing by a non-owner). It may also depend on the rules set by your agent's broker.

Thanks for the response Scott, I actually live in TX so I guess I will have to do a little digging.

Updated about 7 years ago

In TX when a house is under contract you have "equitable title" I assume thats the same or similar to marketable title?

@Samantha M. In my MLS area we are allowed to put houses we have equitable title to on the MLS. Equitable title meaning you are under contract and can now try to sell the property. But like J said it will depend on the local MLS in your area if they will allow it.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here