Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Jason Brown
Votes |
Mentorship vs. Formal training for new agent

Jason Brown
Posted Sep 18 2019, 06:44

I recently passed my exam and am deciding where to hang my license. I have spoken to a number of brokerages, and narrowed it down to two. While I think both brokers would be good mentors, there are slight differences and I am trying to figure out how much weight to give each. I felt like I hit it off immediately with Broker #1 and have a great rapport. They clearly have a passion for mentorship and are willing to meet on a weekly basis when starting off if needed. However, there is not a lot of formal training at his firm. I'd say Broker #2 is also somebody who is very passionate about mentoring and I got along with them as well (also willing to meet regularly), but I'd say the rapport is not on the same level as Broker #1. However, this firm provides more formal training (including a free 4-day course to begin). My question is if anybody has any opinions on (potentially) great broker/mentor with less formal training vs. (potentially) good broker/mentor with more formal training. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Loading replies...