• Fayetteville, AR
Votes |
David Greene's Webinar for Real Estate Agents

Michael Ward
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fayetteville, AR
Posted Jan 16 2020, 14:24

Hi all. I'm a real estate agent and my question is for other real estate agents who have seen David Greene's most recent webinar geared toward agents on How to Make 6-Figures in Your Business. I was not able to participate live so I watched it a few days later. Overall, I thought it was very good webinar, hitting on the high level challenges, goals, and requirements of becoming a successful agent. As we all know, we need lots and lots of leads to generate business, and he wraps up the webinar by attempting to teach us how to generate those leads. At least, that's what he purports. 

However, the finale of the presentation is a pitch for why we should become Premium members. Frankly, I was disappointed with the ending. Don't get me wrong, I generally see some value in the Premium membership, especially the agents in bigger cities with thousands of BP members. But I tend to disagree with his position that we as agents on BP should tell ourselves that our biggest source of leads to build a 6-Figure Business is the Premium membership, especially for those like me who are in smaller markets. I acknowledge that I am getting leads from BP already as a Pro member and as I become more active in the forums, but all of the leads are investors looking to buy deals (small and large). And that's great! I want those connections! But the reality for an agent is, finding a buyer for a good investment deal is the easiest part of this business. The hard parts are 1) finding deals and 2) getting listings, neither of which he addressed in the webinar.

So, my questions to those of you who have watched the webinar are: Do you agree or disagree with my response to the webinar and why? Are you a Premium member (or plan to become a Premium member) and why do think the value is there? And have you been successful in finding investment deals and/or generating listing leads through BiggerPockets?

Loading replies...