• Battle Ground, WA
Votes |
Buyer’s Agency Agreement

Brint DeVilling
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Battle Ground, WA
Posted Jan 17 2020, 07:10

Hey all!

I’ve been working with a realtor (Beth) that I met during an open house that she was hosting.  When we originally met, I told her that I had been working with another realtor (old friend - Fred) in the area but that I was interested in finding someone new.  Fred hasn’t sent a lead in a couple months. The new realtor (Beth) has been sending me a lot of stuff. 

Beth sent a couple leads that she toured us on. We wanted to offer on both. One of the two is a HUD home that is in the initial offering phase. New agent made it clear that she would not put in an offer on the HUD home for us. I am still not clear if it is because: A. Her firm isn't a HUD approved broker and she doesn't understand the process. Or B. She doesn't believe that we intend to owner occupy and isn't willing to take the risk.

I think it's A, because I've mentioned the OO option over and over.

Anyway, I've done my research on HUD, found a HUD listed broker that we met a couple years ago. I asked this broker (Alice) to review, and she has agreed with my review and will submit an offer for us.

In the meantime, we are submitting an offer with Beth on another property. Beth sent me a Buyer’s Agency Report to sign and return.  It is Non-Exclusive because of my initial relationship with Fred. 

Questions: Could I to run into a problem with Beth, if we are successful with Alice on the HUD home that Beth originally brought to us? Should I let Beth know that we are still pursuing this property? I put our odds of success at around 25% on this one....so likely not a real problem.

Loading replies...