Votes
Nick Boring
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Creating a Personal Brand as an Agent

Nick Boring
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jul 23 2020, 07:20

Here is my question: My name is Nick Boring, I wanted to name my company/website TheBoringRealtor, or something like that. But I have been getting some negative feedback because you know... the name might have a negative connotation to it. My whole life my last time has been an icebreaker in all sorts of conversations, and it honestly makes a lot of people laugh. I really think having a unique and memorable business name is valuable, but I would also hate to have it hurt me in the long run. What do you guys think? Some more random info below.

I'm a new agent/investor (5 months) and I want to start creating my personal brand. I have been cold calling and sending out mailers, lots of people are asking for business cards and that they wanted to see reviews on my website and general things like that. I am listed under one of my mentor's friend's brokerage, mostly because I am only doing this part-time for now (I am an engineer 10 hours a day), and he said I could put my license under him. He charges me have a point for buyers and sellers. 

I appreciate your feedback and I am grateful to be able to ask experts for some much-needed advice!

Thanks,

NotsoBoringNick

Loading replies...